Republic NEPAL



It’s one day since Nepal has gone republic. The dawn of republic is not an end to everything we Nepalese are striving for. but be patient instead for these CA members would do their best to achieve a prosperous Nepal, a unified Nepal.



Yesterday's memo

I started my day at 8:00 am in the morning for it was a public holiday. I got freshened up and sipped my regular tea. Sitting then in front of the tea, I was almost blown away. The whole nepali channels in the TV aired similar voice. I thought ganatantra has rocked this nation.

I planned to stay home and watch the whole episode in the TV itself. The day was developing with rising temperature. I certainly knew at that point of time that today is going to be a sunny day. Sitting idle in the chair and watching the episode, it ended with interruption. My friend dr. Ajay Dhakal accompanied by Dr. Surendra Kunwar came in. wow he yelled. He exclaimed what the hell I’ve put up sitting with my tummy facing up in this historic moment. He was certainly right. It kind of enticed me. Then in no time I finished my meal. Being ready with jeans and a cozy t-shirt , we ventured towards BICC.

The acronym BICC stands for birendra international convention center. The word in itself carries the name of a royal king. Let’s see what this constituent assembly members are going to do about it. We saw the swarm of people in the Chinese road. All of them chanting. All shouting the slogans of ganatantra. They cared not of themselves amidst the scorching sun, for they were restless to bring home republic. They looked to me like a husbands side of home in a marriage ceremony eagerly waiting to welcome the bride to a new home. What’s we call ‘Bhitrayaune’

Describing dr. ajay looked essential to me here. For he was all dressed up like a reporter. With a thin cotton t-shirt, a kind of like that madhesi people wear and the snickers, with canon digital camera swaying in his side, he was no less of a reporter. We carved in between these people. In no time we were in front of BICC main gate. Dr. Ajay was busy taking pictures. I glimpsed different kind of people there. Some of them dancing with the songs of republicism, others carrying flag , red flag with sickle and hammer. There were people up in the trees in front of standard chartered bank. Probably they didn’t want to miss a shot of whole episode.

We waited for hours, but all in vain. The first Constituent Assembly meeting was postponed. Tired, we returned back home at around 4:00 pm. Then again the same, sitting in front of TV. Finally the political leaders of 3 major parties came to a conclusion. It kind of ended the political dilemma at that point of time. If it would be late or other series of postponement then there certainly would have been an upheaval. People have almost started crying out.

At 8:20pm the meeting commenced. The stalemate was ended. The proposal for the republic was passed by home minister sitaula. It was passed to CA members. The result came out as predicted:560 ca member for republic vs 4 against it. Then what , don’t ask me. NEPAL HAD GONE REPUBLIC!!!!.

Let’s hope this brings sustainable peace in our country. People from different phase, economical strata, sex, caste, religion, place of origin, would be ensured of their right. It’s time for the king to walk out swiftly, otherwise he knows it for himself.
Long live republic, long live greater Nepal.

Comments

Popular Posts